Whisk away your beloved on a romantic retreat to the mountains. Celebrate the day of love in the Queen of Hills - Mussoorie after completing a snow trek to Kedarkantha peak.
Apt for any couple who's willing to take on a good-spirited adventure, this trek and retreat is all about celebrating romance amidst nature. With snowfall in the hills, camping & waking up to views of snow-capped mountains, spending long evenings strolling the hill station or staying in a luxurious hotel in Mussoorie, this package spells out LOVE, THRILL & ADVENTURE.
The minute you think of snow trekking in India, one of the most gorgeous treks that come to mind is the Kedarkantha summit trek. This trek is all about introducing you to a winter wonderland unlike any other. This trek is all about exploring the fun side of trekking and is a perfect fit for anyone who's trying their hand at Himalayan trekking for the first time. This trek is easy and comfortable for a novice summiter and gives you every Nomad an opportunity to summit a snow-laden peak in Uttarakhand.
Perfect for a Beginner
The trek to Kedarkantha peaks is easy and just as breathtaking, the trail that this trek has is usually most meant for hardcore trekkers but Kedarkantha is an exception. With the Kedarkantha trek, you can experience an adventure like no other with a thrilling summit climb in a frozen fairyland.
You'll Fall in Love With The Campsites
The best part about the Kedarkantha trek is that the summit is one of the highlights of the trek, other highlights include dramatic campsites with the best-known views in the entire Indian Himalayan region. You'll see that the campsite is surrounded by a forest of snow-capped pine trees and abandoned huts of local shepherds. The sunset seen from the Kedarkantha base camp would be one of the best experiences of your life.
Mind-Bewitching View from the Kedarkantha Summit
It's a known fact that any summit in any part of the world can be extremely rewarding, the Kedarkantha summit is no less. The trail may be extremely beautiful, but the view that you get after your climb to the top is unbelievable. You will notice that some of the mighty Himalayan peaks will be clearly seen from here. From Swargarohini to Black Peak and Bandar ki Poonch in the Gangotri and Yamunotri ranges to Har Ki Dun and glimpses of the Kinnaur Ranges from Himachal Pradesh, the view from the summit is fulfilling, gratifying and unforgettable.
The Legend of Kedarkantha
Another thing that pulls Nomads to trek to Kedarkantha peak is the deep-rooted mythology that makes this trek extremely mysterious and revered. Kedarkantha is also called "Kedar Khand" which loosely translates to "Section of Lord Shiva", which also happens to be a historic name in the local community. The meaning of Kedarkantha however, is Throat of Lord Shiva. The mythology is that Kedarkantha was where Lord Shiva used to meditate before moving to Kedarnath.
The very famous and beautiful Juda Ka Talab is where the water droplets fallen from Kord Shiva's hair turned into a small pond. The sighting the revered and sacred Swargarohini peak is one of the rewarding attractions of the trek. Swargarohini translates to "Stairway to Heaven" and is the same peak where the Yudhishthira, the eldest of the Pandavas along with his dog reached heaven from this godly peak.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation to & fro from Mussoorie to Sankri
- 2 nights 4-star hotel stay at Mussoorie with breakfast
- 2 nights resort stay at Sankri
- 3 nights tented accommodation during the trek
- Trek equipment: Sleeping bags, Mattresses, Utensils, Ropes
- Tents: Trekkers tent, Kitchen & Dining tent, Toilet tent
- Entry Permit Fee, Guide Fee & Driver Bata
- Standard vegetarian food for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner
- 1 Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader
- Local Guide (Number of guides depending on the group size)
- 1 High Altitude chef & support staff
- Porters for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/groceries)
- Basic First aid Kit
- Personal accident insurance
- 40% discount on Fast&Up products
- Personalized Dri-Fit T-shirt
- TrekNomads goodies
What is NOT included in the tour
- The cost to reach Mussoorie and back
- Airport Pick up and Drop Off
- Personal trekking gear
- Tips for guide, chef, porter, etc
- Local sightseeing and entrance fee, camera fee, etc
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions
- Any other tickets like cable chair, cable car, etc.
- All personal expenses, emergency expenses like extra day stay or vehicle charges due to delays, landslides, evacuation.
- Celebrate Valentine's Day at Mussoorie popularly known as The Queen of the Hills
- 2 nights stay at a 4-star hotel in Mussoorie
- 2 nights stay at a resort in Sankri
- 3N camping stay along the trail of Kedarkantha
- The majestic view of Swargarohini, Kinner Kailash, Yumnotri, Gangotri, and other Himalayan ranges is a divine pleasure. Kedarkantha gives a 360-degree view of Himalayan ranges.
- Trek Gradient: Easy-Moderate
- Trek Distance: 25+ Km
- Assembling Point: Mussoorie
- Travel Distance: 200+ Km
- Feb 8th: Travel from Dehradun to Sankri
- Feb 9th: Trek to Juda ka Talab from Sankri
- Feb 10th: Trek to Kedarkantha Base Camp from Juda ka Talab
- Feb 11th: Trek to Kedarkantha Peak from then back to Kedarkantha Base Camp
- Feb 12th: Trek to Sankri from Kedarkantha Base Camp
- Feb 13th: Travel from Sankri to Mussoorie
- Feb 14th: Sightseeing at Mussoorie
- Feb 15th: Travel back to home.
Feb 8th: Sankri
Altitude: 6,455 ft (1,920 m)
Travel Duration: 7-8 hours
On Day 1, you start traveling towards Sankri from Dehradun. The beautiful drive takes you through banks of Yamuna river and later Tons river. You will also see picturesque pine trees on the route today. As you arrive in Sankri, you will notice that the air is crisper and extremely fresh, making this a refreshing change from your city life. You check in to a resort in Sankri post-arrival and spend some time relaxing. Sankri, is as gorgeous as can get giving you brilliant photo-opportunities. A good evening stroll around the village is perfect to fill up your Instagram feed & to get yourself warmed up for the trek the next morning. Later, you meet your fellow Nomads for a quick introductory session after which you will have a short briefing on tomorrow's trek with your trek lead. Stay the night at the resort in Sankri.
Feb 9th: Juda ka Talab
Altitude: 8,858 ft (2,700 m)
Trek Duration: 3-4 hours
Today you wake up early, freshen up and after a hearty breakfast, start your trek. The trail today is mostly uphill and takes you through a beautiful forest section for the most part of the trek. To start with, you walk from Sankri to Saur village and from here is where the actual climb starts. Towards the end of today's trek, you reach the famous Juda Ka Talab, the pond that freezes during winters and this is where you will be camping tonight.
Feb 10th: Kedarkantha Base Camp
Altitude: 11,253 ft (3,430 m)
Trek Duration: 3-4 hours
The trek from Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha base camp is not long but is definitely steep. The trail gives you good views of the Rupin & Supin valley and goes through the abandoned huts of villagers and shepherds. Post the steep stretch you will walk through pine forests and into a clearing, a meadow surrounded by rich oak and Rhododendron forests on one side. This is the Kedarkantha Base Camp and this is where you will be camping the night. You will be given an early dinner and asked to go to bed quite early after prepping you for the summit climb the next day.
Feb 11th: Kedarkantha Summit Day
Altitude: 12,500 ft (3,810 m) / 11,253 ft (3,430 m)
Trek Duration: 7-8 hours
Today is the day of the summit and you start the trek at 3 AM in the morning. The climb to the summit is about 4-5 hours long and depending on the amount of snow, the trek lead and guide will decide on the best possible way to reach the summit. If all goes well, you will reach the summit just in time for sunrise. From the peak the sunrise is extremely rewarding and astounding. From the peak, you can get a clear view of the Kinner Kailash ranges in Himachal Pradesh. You will also see various mountains from the Yamunotri & Gangotri region such as Swargarohini, Black Peas, Bandar ki Poonch etc. and you can also see the Har Ki Dun peak and some other underlying valleys. You will spend some good amount of time in the peak before heading back down to base camp. Upon reaching base camp, you can unwind for the rest of the day and stay overnight in the Kedarkantha Base Camp.
Feb 12th: Sankri
Altitude: 6,455 ft (1,920 m)
Trek Duration: 4-5 hours
On Day 6 you start your journey back to Sankri passing the Juda Ka Talab and finally arriving in Sankri. You can choose to relax in the resort or you can head out for a beautiful walk and catch the glimpse of sunset in the vallet. Stay the night in Sankri.
Feb 13th: Mussoorie
Altitude: 6,170 ft (1880 m)
Travel Duration: 7-8 hours
Today you start traveling towards Mussoorie. You can expect to arrive in Mussoorie in late afternoon. Check in to your hotel and rest for the day.
Feb 14th: Mussoorie
Altitude: 6,170 ft (1880 m)
Today, enjoy Valentine's Day with your special one. Roam around the streets of Mussoorie, enjoy the vibes of Queen of the Hills. Stay the night in Mussoorie.
Feb 15th: Your City
Travel back to your city or you can you extend your stay. You can choose this option at checkout.
Trekking in the Himalayas comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.
Risk and Liability
We will endeavor to make your program smooth and as pleasant as possible. However, the entire course of trekking depends on the ranges of the mighty mountains, physical health, and environmental conditions. Therefore, TrekNomads shall not be responsible for any changes in the itineraries due to unavoidable circumstances and natural disasters such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snowing, cancellation of flight and delay, any type of sickness including altitude sickness.
This trek requires a good level of fitness.
If you're not already following a fitness regime, you would need to follow the regime that will be shared with you. The training routine is spread over four months and you would be expected to work out at least 4 times a week. The regime is designed to help you climb smarter even in higher altitudes. The regime consists of a good combination of exercises that works on all parts of your body including - Upper Body, Core, Endurance, Lower Body, Shoulder strength and along with streamlining your breathing pattern. When followed religiously, you can rest assured that you will be ready for the trek. Not only does this regime help you with the trek, but it will also help you inculcate a sense of fitness in your day-to-day life.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek