Located in depths of the hills & valleys of Karnataka is an ancient land of Hampi, the capital of the last great Kingdom of the Vijayanagara empire. The land that once boasted of India's richness and grandiose is now rich in ruins and culture & architecture that is marveled all over.
One of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Hampi is considered to be one of India's most idyllic places, this land serves as a pilgrimage site with temples that date back to 14th - 15th century. It is a backpackers getaway with unparalleled adventures with surprises up its sleeve for anyone who wishes to explore more of culture.
Popular for a few distinct things such as - boulder terrain that sustains the life around Hampi, sunrises over the ruins that can take your breath away, and an island for all those who wish to simply marvel at the fabulous views of the Virupaksha temple while chilling in the huts by the magnificent & mighty river.
Hampi has something good in store for everyone.
About the Cultural & Exploration Retreat to Hampi:
This 3 Nights 3 Days retreat has been carefully crafted to help Nomads get the best of what the town has to offer. From exploring the religious side of Hampi with the temples to getting enticed by the cultural magnificence of the ruins, treks that show you some of the best sunrises and sunsets & chilling in the "Hippier" side of Hampi, you will get to see all of this and much, much, more.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Hampi in a private Tempo Traveller
- Stay: Accommodation for two nights at homestay with good amenities.
- Food: 3 Breakfasts
- Temple/Historical Places Entry Fees
- Coracle Ride
- Guide Fees
- Driver Bata and Parking Charges
- Personal Accident Insurance
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies.
- Sunrise at Malyavanta Betta & visit to Malyavanta Raghunathaswamy Temple.
- Explore and visit the very famous Virupaksha Temple.
- Sunrise trek to Matanaga Hill.
- Sunset trek to Anjanadri Hill.
- Explore Vali cave & Durga Devi Temple.
- Stay at a guest house with brilliant views of the temple and the river.
- Visit the popular stone chariot at the Vithala Temple & watch the sunset from there.
- Explore ruins around Hampi and visit - Royal Enclosure, Mahanavami Dibba, Hazara Rama Temple.
- Coracle ride & swimming in the river (if time permits).
- Visit Hampi Island and explore around.
- Altitude: 467 m
- Distance from Bangalore: 350 km
- Trek Gradient Easy
- Retreat Start Point: Bangalore
- Trek Duration: 1-2 hours
- Trek Distance: 2-3 km one way
- Number of Treks: 3
- Start journey from Bengaluru to Hampi late at night.
- Arrive in Hampi early Friday morning
- If time permits we shall go for sunrise trek to Malyavanta Betta and visit Malyavanta Raghunathaswamy Temple
- Check in to the hotel, freshen up and have breakfast
- Start our day by exploring - Kadalekalu Ganesha, Sasivekalu Ganesha.
- Explore the Lakshmi Narasimha statue and Badavilinga Temple
- Next we will explore the Zanana Enclosure, Lotus Mahal, Elephant Stables, Queens Bath
- Have lunch at the very famous Mango Tree
- Head out to explore the Royal Enclosure, Mahanavami Dibba, Hazara Rama Temple
- Explore the famous stone chariot at Vithala Temple in the evening hues
- Head back to the hotel and rest
- Start an early morning trek to Matanga Hill to watch the sunrise
- Watch the sunrise at the peak, indulge in photography and head back down to the base
- Come back to the hotel, freshen up, have breakfast and head out
- Explore Vali Cave, Durgadevi Temple
- Go for a coracle ride on Sanapur Lake
- Have lunch and then go for a short hike to Anjanadri Hill to watch the sunset.
- Have dinner and head back to the hotel OR join us for a session of Night Sky gazing by the riverside (optional)
- Get back to the hotel and rest
- Wake up leisurely, freshen up, have breakfast
- Visit the famous Virupaksha Temple and spend time with friendly Lakshmi (Temple Elephant)
- Head to the other side of the river on a coracle ride
- Go around Hampi Island, visit the paddy fields
- Visit the famous Italian Cafe and have lunch
- Chill and relax around Hampi
- Watch the sunset near the Virupaksha temple or by the riverside
- Have dinner and start the journey back to Bengaluru
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.