Kuduremukha is a mountain range and name of a peak located in Chikkamangaluru district, in Karnataka, India. The name Kuduremukha literally means 'horse-face' (in the Kannada language) and refers to a particularly picturesque view of a side of the mountain that resembles a horse's face. It was also referred to as 'Samseparvata', historically since it was approached from Samse village. Kuduremukh is Karnataka's 3rd highest peak after Mullayangiri and Baba Budangiri.
Check out a photoblog of our trek to Kudremukha here.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Kudremukha in an AC TT/Mini Bus
- Stay: Accommodation for a night at base camp with basic amenities
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Jeep Ride: To and fro - Balegal to Mullodi
- Forest Entry Tickets
- Guide Fees and Driver Bata
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies
- Altitude: 5,751 ft (1,753 m)
- Distance from Bangalore: 332 km
- Trek Gradient: Moderate
- Trek Start Point: Balegal and Mullodi
- Trek Duration: 5-7 hours
- Trek Distance: 10-12 km
- Start journey from Bengaluru to Chikkamangaluru in an AC TT/Mini Bus.
- Reach Balegal and hire a jeep to reach our base camp at Mullodi
- Enjoy an adventurous 4W drive in the jeep for around 6 km through forest trails, gushing streams of water and bumpy roads
- Freshen up, have breakfast, get ready to start the trek
- Leave all your luggage at base camp. Carry an only water bottle, packed lunch and snacks-if required
- Trek through one of the beautiful and serene routes in western ghats to reach the peak of Kudremukha
- Have lunch alongside the water stream nearby to the peak
- Start descending after lunch and reach base camp by early evening
- Take bath, freshen up for a hot cup of coffee/tea and enjoy the beautiful views of peaks in and around the base camp
- Have authentic hot dinner and take a sound sleep in the lap of nature.
- Wake up to the sounds of nature quite early in the morning
- Have coffee/tea and get into the water stream/falls nearby to base camp. You can also take bath here
- Freshen up and have breakfast
- One more jeep ride to descend and to reach Balegal
- Have lunch en route and go for sight-seeing if time permits
- Start our journey back to Bengaluru.
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.