Pushpagiri (Kumara Parvatha), at 1,712 meters (5,617 ft), is the highest peak in Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary in the Western Ghats of Karnataka. It is located in the Somwarpet Taluk, 20 kilometers from Somwarpet in the northern part of Kodagu district on the border between Dakshina Kannada and Kodagu district and Hassan districts. It is the 4th highest peak of Karnataka.
- Start journey from Bengaluru to Somwarpet in a TT/Mini Bus.
- Reach Beedalli, freshen up, have breakfast, get ready to start the trek.
- Leave all your luggage at the resort. Carry an only water bottle, packed lunch and snacks-if required.
- Trek through one of the beautiful and serene routes in western ghats to reach the peak of Kumara Parvatha.
- Have packed lunch enjoying the view from the peak.
- Start descending after lunch and reach Kukke Temple by early evening.
- If time permits take shower in Kumaradhara River and visit Kukke Temple.
- Travel 50 km to reach the resort at Beedalli.
- Visit to Bisle View Point on the way.
- Take bath in hot water, freshen up for a hot cup of coffee/tea and enjoy the beautiful views of peaks in and around the base camp.
- Have authentic hot dinner and take a sound sleep in the lap of nature.
- Wake up to the sounds of nature quite early in the morning.
- Have coffee/tea, freshen up and have breakfast.
- Hike to Mallalli waterfalls.
- Start our journey back to Bengaluru.
- Have lunch en route.
Things to carry:
- Good Hiking shoes/Sandals (Make sure you wear good shoes with a great grip)
- Torch (Compulsory)
- Water Bottles - 2 litres (Compulsory)
- Snacks, Energy Bars, Fruits (There are no options of eatery nearby and during the trek)
- ID Proof
Standard pick up points for the trek:
- Marathahalli Kalamandir
- HSR BDA Complex
- Silk Board
- BTM Signal
- Jayadeval Hospital
- Banashankari Bus Stand
- DG Petrol Bunk
- PESIT College
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers.
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately.
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek.
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek.
- The decision of the trek leader will be final and all trekkers must adhere to that.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Somwarpet in a TT/Mini Bus.
- Stay: Accommodation for a night at inspection bungalow with basic amenities.
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner.
- Forest Entry Tickets.
- Guide Fees and Driver Bata.
- Personal Accident Insurance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies
- Altitude: 5,617 ft (1,712 m)
- Distance from Bangalore: 311 km
- Trek Gradient: Moderate to Difficult
- Trek Start Point: Beedalli
- Trek Duration: 6-8 hours
- Trek Distance: 21 km