Makalidurga is a hill fort situated near the village of the same name. It is 60 kms north of Bangalore and 10 kms after Doddaballapura on the way to Gauribidanur. The fort at the summit has an old temple of Shiva with Nandi and in legend, Markandeya Rishi performed penance here.
Customised private departures are available for families, friends, corporate groups, schools and colleges.
- Trek Captain
- Breakfast included
- Forest Entry Tickets
- Customised private departure available
- Start journey from Bengaluru to Makalidurga in a TT/Mini Bus.
- Breakfast at Swathi Gardenia or similar restaurant.
- Reach the base camp and explore nearby places.
- Start trekking Makalidurga.
- Reach the top and explore the place.
- Descend to base camp by 1 PM.
- Have lunch on the way back to Bengaluru.
Things to carry:
- Good Hiking shoes/Sandals (Make sure you wear good shoes with a great grip)
- Torch (Compulsory)
- Water Bottles - 2 litres (Compulsory)
- Snacks, Energy Bars, Fruits (There are no options of eatery nearby and during the trek)
- ID Proof
Standard Pick-up Points:
- Marathahalli Kalamandir
- HSR BDA Complex
- Silk Board
- BTM Signal
- Jayadeval Hospital
- Banashankari Bus Stand
- DG Petrol Bunk
- PESIT College
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers.
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately.
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek.
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek.
- Decision of the trek leader will be final and all trekkers must adhere to that.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Tumkur in a TT/Mini Bus.
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Snack.
- Forest entry tickets.
- Guide Fees and Driver Bata.
- Personal Accident Insurance.
- All government, local taxes and service charges.
- TrekNomads Fee, Trek Captain support and expertise.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies.
- Altitude: 4,429 ft (1350 m)
- Distance from Bangalore: 65 km
- Trek Gradient: Easy to Moderate
- Trek Duration: 2-3 hours
- Trek Distance: 4-5 km