Skandagiri, also known as Kalavara Durga, is an ancient mountain fortress located approximately 70 km from Bangalore city. It is one of the most loved destinations for trekking near Bangalore that offers a perfect break from the busy and stressful city life and transports the participants into a calm and peaceful environment. The trek is an exciting climbing adventure for nomads.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Chikkaballapura in a TT/Mini Bus.
- Food: 1 Breakfast.
- Forest entry tickets.
- Guide Fees and Driver Bata.
- Personal Accident Insurance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies.
- Start journey from Bengaluru to Kalwara village in a TT/Mini Bus
- Reach the base camp and explore nearby places
- Start trekking to Skandagiri Peak
- Reach the top and enjoy the view
- Have packed breakfast and indulge in photography
- Descend to base camp
- Start our journey back to Bengaluru.
Things to carry:
- Good Hiking shoes/Sandals (Make sure you wear good shoes with a great grip)
- Torch (Compulsory)
- Water Bottles - 2 litres (Compulsory)
- Snacks, Energy Bars, Fruits (There are no options of eatery nearby and during the trek)
- ID Proof
Standard pick up points for the trek:
- Marathahalli Kalamandir
- HSR BDA Complex
- Silk Board
- BTM Signal
- Jayadeval Hospital
- Banashankari Bus Stand
- DG Petrol Bunk
- PESIT College
Do’s and Don’ts:
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers.
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately.
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek.
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek.
- The decision of the trek leader will be final and all trekkers must adhere to that.