- Breakfast included
- Trek Leader
- Forest Entry Tickets
- Customised private departure available
Located about 90 Km from Bengaluru, Avalabetta is one of the famous and iconic destinations for trekking near Bengaluru. The iconic hanging rock at the cliff and a pond on the peak makes this trek a must-visit trail near Bengaluru city. The hillock is also home to the Narasimha Swamy Temple and a lot of pilgrims visit the temple on the weekends.
About Gudibanda Fort:
Gudibande, a multilevel fort was built by local chieftain Byre Gowda some 400 odd years ago in the 17th century. The fort’s main feature is the rainwater harvesting with 19 rock ponds at different levels of the fort. On the top of the fort is a Shiva temple, which is believed to be one of the 108 Jyotirlingas.
- Start journey from Bengaluru to Kalwara village in a TT/Mini Bus
- Reach the base camp and explore nearby places
- Start trekking to Skandagiri Peak
- Reach the top and enjoy the view
- Have packed breakfast and indulge in photography
- Descend to base camp
- Start our journey back to Bengaluru.
Things to carry:
- Good Hiking shoes/Sandals (Make sure you wear good shoes with a great grip)
- Torch (Compulsory)
- Water Bottles - 2 litres (Compulsory)
- Snacks, Energy Bars, Fruits (There are no options of eatery nearby and during the trek)
- ID Proof
Standard pick up points for the trek:
- Marathahalli Kalamandir
- HSR BDA Complex
- Silk Board
- BTM Signal
- Jayadeval Hospital
- Banashankari Bus Stand
- DG Petrol Bunk
- PESIT College
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers.
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately.
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek.
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek.
- The decision of the trek leader will be final and all trekkers must adhere to that.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Avalabetta and Gudibanda in a TT/Mini Bus
- Food: 1 Breakfast
- Forest entry tickets
- Guide Fees and Driver Bata
- Personal Accident Insurance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies.
- Altitude: 4,121 ft (1256 m)
- Distance from Bangalore: 100 km
- Trek Gradient: Easy to Moderate
- Trek Duration: 3-4 hours
- Trek Distance: 3-4 km