Trek to Kote Betta
Kote Betta is the third highest peak in Coorg after Tadiyandamol and Brahmagiri. The peak is at a height of around 1500 meters. The trek is about 7-8 km one way goes through vivid coffee estate for about 2 km.
Covid Pandemic Preparedness and Protocols:
Nomads with no travel history 14 days before the departure will be allowed.
Screening of all nomads at the entry point for symptoms of COVID-19 such as temperature (using no-contact type thermometer/ thermal guns), cough, cold, etc.
Only asymptomatic tourists shall be allowed.
Those with temperature more than 37.5 °C (99 °F) and/or flu-like symptoms shall not be permitted to travel.
Nomads in the age below 10 and above 60 will not be permitted.
Before the commencement of Travel, all nomads to mandatory submit a self-declaration form. Nomads to provide basic personal information when traveling, including name, phone number, Govt. ID type and ID number. Consent for sharing of their details with the administrative / health authorities will be taken from visitors, as and where required for contact tracing related activity.
All nomads shall be briefed on the safety measures taken before onboarding.
All the nomads shall be briefed on the Dos and Don’ts to be mandatorily followed while traveling and during the trip.
Nomads are recommended to carry their own sanitizer and wet wipes for personal use.
We highly recommend using your own transport for travel. However, transport in a Tempo Traveller will be restricted to 7 + 1 Trek Lead. Transport vehicles will be thoroughly disinfected prior to boarding.
- Start journey from Bengaluru to Madikeri in TT/Mini Bus
- Breakfast at Bidadi
- Reach resort at Madikeri for lunch
- Visit Mandalpatti and nearby waterfalls if time permits.
- Have authentic hot dinner and take a sound sleep in the lap of nature.
- Wake up to the sounds of nature quite early in the morning
- Have coffee/tea
- Freshen up and have breakfast
- Start early morning for the trek to Kotebetta Peak
- Enjoy the panoramic view at the peak and have packed lunch
- Reach back to resort, freshen up
- Start our journey back to Bengaluru
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.
Things to carry:
- A backpack of 30 liters and small day bag of 10 litres
- Good Hiking shoes/Sandals (Make sure you wear good shoes with a great grip) + socks
- Toiletries, Towels, Spare clothes
- Water Bottles - 2 litres (Compulsory)
- Snacks, Energy Bars, Fruits (There are no options of eatery nearby and during the trek)
- ID Proof
Standard pick-up points:
- Marathahalli Kalamandir
- HSR BDA Complex
- Silk Board
- BTM Signal
- Jayadeval Hospital
- Banashankari Bus Stand
- DG Petrol Bunk
- PESIT College
Do’s and Don’ts:
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek
- Decision of the trek leader will be final and all trekkers must adhere to that.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Madikeri in TT/Mini Bus.
- Stay: Accommodation for a night at resort/homestay with good amenities.
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 packed lunch, Hi-Tea & Snacks and 1 Dinner.
- Forest Entry Tickets
- Guide Fees and Driver Bata
- Personal Accident Insurance
- All government, local taxes and service charges
- TrekNomads Fee, Trek Captain support and expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies.
- Altitude: 5,200 ft (1,575 m)
- Distance from Bangalore: 330 km
- Trek Gradient Moderate
- Trek Start Point: Hattihole
- Trek Duration: 5-7 hours
- Trek Distance: 7-8 km one way