Surrounded by rocky hills, temples, and caves, Siddara Betta is located at a distance of 100 Km from Bengaluru in Koratagere Taluk of Tumakuru District.
The mountain is frequently climbed by trekkers, adventures as well as pilgrims who climb the mountain to visit the shrine of Lord Siddalingeshwara. The temple is placed inside the cave, which also makes this a very interesting trek.
Siddara Betta in Kannada means “Hill of Saints”, owing to the many Hindu saints who perform penance and meditation within the caves here. The hills are also very popular for the medicinal plants you get here making this a center for medicinal plants used in traditional medicine.
The natural springs, lush greenery, the extremely picturesque landscape seen once reaching the top, the rocky terrain and caves add to the thrilling trek experience.
Sightings or signs of wildlife like Leopard, Sloth Beer, Peafowl, Jungle Fowl and other birds make this an exhilarating experience.
Customised private departures are available for families, friends, corporate groups, schools and colleges.
- Breakfast included
- Trek Leader
- Forest Entry Tickets
- Customised private departure available
- Start journey from Bengaluru to Siddara Betta in a TT/MiniBus
- Breakfast at Kamat Upachar near Tumakuru on NH4
- Reach the base camp and explore the places nearby
- Start trekking Siddara Betta
- Reach top and descent to explore the caves near Shiva temple
- Descend to base camp by 1 PM
- Visit Channarayana Durga Fort if time permits
- Have lunch en route
- Start our journey back to Bengaluru.
Things to carry:
- Good Hiking shoes/Sandals (Make sure you wear good shoes with a great grip)
- Water Bottles - 2 litres (Compulsory)
- Snacks, Energy Bars, Fruits (There are no options of eatery nearby and during the trek)
- ID Proof
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers.
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately.
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek.
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek.
- Decision of the trek leader will be final and all trekkers must adhere to that.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Tumkur in a TT/Mini Bus
- Food: 1 Breakfast.
- Forest entry tickets.
- Guide Fees and Driver Bata.
- Personal Accident Insurance.
- All government, local taxes and service charges.
- TrekNomads Fee, Trek Captain support and expertise.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies
- Altitude: 1,700 ft (518 m)
- Distance from Bangalore: 100 km
- Trek Gradient: Easy to Moderate
- Trek Duration: 3-4 hours
- Trek Distance: 4-5 km