There’s some good news for all you Nomads who were eagerly waiting for the Valley of Flowers opening dates 2021. The Valley of Flowers & Hemkund Sahib Trek which opens on June 1st every year saw an extended delay in opening up this season due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. However, the good news is that The Uttarakhand Government has finally reopened the Valley of Flowers trek for trekkers, pilgrims, and travelers on July 1st, 2021. The Senior forest department officials went to Ghangariya and Valley of Flowers and returned back to Joshimath in the last week of June to do a thorough inspection of the Valley.
Our on-ground teams who went to the Valley also brought to our notice that as of yesterday. They spotted about 51 species of flowers on the Valley of Flowers trail and including blue poppy and fritillaria. Both these species are endangered. They also spotted another endangered flower called Dactylorhiza on the trail. Our teams also confirmed that Government officials have also cleared out the trek routes for our Nomads.
This comes as great news for all trekkers and pilgrims who have been waiting to do the Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib treks since 2019. While there is no update on the Char Dham yatra reopening, we are happy that our flagship trek is finally open to all Nomads.
With over 500 different species of flowers blooming between the months of June – September every year, this Indian National Park and a UNESCO World Heritage Site exhibits plush meadows with endemic alpine flowers and diverse fauna. This is a great considered to be on of India’s most popular beginners Himalayan trek.
Some FAQs regarding the Valley of Flowers dates 2021:
1. Has the Valley of Flowers dates 2021 been announced?
The Valley of Flowers opening dates 2021 were announced on June 29, 2021. The Valley is open for tourists and trekkers from July 1st, 2021.
2. What are the current travel protocols for Uttarakhand?
- Dehradun requires all travelers to carry a COVID RT-PCR negative report not older than 72 hours.
- Dehradun has also made it mandatory for travelers to be registered on the Dehradun Smart City portal. This will be checked before leaving the Dehradun airport.
- If you do not have a COVID negative report at the time of travel, you will be required to get a rapid antigen test at the airport. This test is free of cost. The results will be shared with you in 5 – 10 minutes.
- These rules apply for people traveling via air and via trains.
3. Is there a fixed departure for the Valley of Flowers trek?
Yes, we have the following fixed departures for the trek:
- 17 July 2021
- 24 July 2021
- 21 August 2021
- 28 August 2021
4. How do I book the Valley of Flowers trek?
You can simply click on this link – https://www.treknomads.com/
5. Is there an eligibility criteria for the trek?
Valley of Flowers is a good beginner’s Himalayan trek owing to its trails. Anyone who is physically fit with prior trekking experience in the Sahyadri’s, Western Ghats, or any one-day hiking experience can take up this trek with ease. The trails also have transport options like mules, dholi’s which can be availed through the trail.
Recommended Reading: How to train for the Valley of Flowers trek
6. Can children do the trek?
Yes. The Valley of Flowers trek is one of the very few Himalayan treks that can be taken up by kids. We have seen young couples with toddlers, children of all ages trek to Valley of Flowers. While some opt for ponies, most children climb by themselves. At TrekNomads, the minimum age for kids who can trek with us is 7 years and above. The trails also have transport options like mules, dholi’s which can be availed through the trail.
Important Valley of Flowers Links:
- If you want to check the Valley of Flowers Itinerary: Head over to our Valley of Flowers trek page
- Best time to do the Valley of Flowers trek: Click here
- To check out the complete Valley of Flowers Guide: Click here
- To check a detailed photo blog on the Valley of Flowers, Hemkund Sahib and Auli trek: Click here
- For queries regarding the trek: Go to our Valley of Flowers FAQs page and find answers to all your question
- To see how the Valley looks during the monsoons: Check out this photoblog of 45 stunning pictures captured during the monsoon trek to Valley of Flowers
- How to get fit for the Valley of Flowers trek: Click here to read a detailed blog on preparing for the Valley of flowers trek
- Wondering what to carry for the trek: Read this blog with a detailed list of things to carry for the Valley of Flowers trek