The relatively lesser known peak Nishani Motte is located in the Tala Cauvery/ Branhmagiri range part of Coorg. The peak is also known by the name of Nishani Betta which literally translates to the marked hill in the local language.
The name is derived from the fact that during the British era, the peak was used as a mark to find the directions to different places on the hill path. In addition to having a picturesque landscape, the peak provides a stunning view of the other hills and mountains of the Brahmagiri range.
- Start journey from Bengaluru to Madikeri in an AC TT/Mini Bus
- Breakfast at Bidadi
- Reach resort/homestay at Bhagamandala for lunch
- Visit the birthplace of river Cauvery and nearby temples
- Have authentic hot dinner and take a sound sleep in the lap of nature.
- Wake up to the sounds of nature quite early in the morning
- Have coffee/tea
- Freshen up and have breakfast
- Start early morning for the trek to Nishani Motte Peak
- Have packed lunch at the peak
- Reach back to resort/homestay, freshen up
- Start our journey back to Bengaluru.
Things to carry:
- Good Hiking shoes/Sandals (Make sure you wear good shoes with a great grip)
- Water Bottles - 2 litres (Compulsory)
- Snacks, Energy Bars, Fruits (There are no options of eatery nearby and during the trek)
- ID Proof
Standard Pick-up Points:
- Marathahalli Kalamandir
- HSR BDA Complex
- Silk Board BTM Signal
- Jayadeval Hospital
- Banashankari Bus Stand
- DG Petrol Bunk
- PESIT College
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek
- Decision of the trek leader will be final and all trekkers must adhere to that.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Madikeri in an AC TT/Mini Bus
- Stay: Accommodation for a night at resort/homestay with good amenities
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Forest Entry Tickets
- Guide Fees and Driver BATA.
- TrekNomads Staff Assistance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies.
- Altitude: 4,166 ft (1,270 m)
- Distance from Bangalore: 330 km
- Trek Gradient: Moderate
- Trek Start Point: Bhagamandala
- Trek Duration: 5-7 hours
- Trek Distance: 7-8 km one way