- Start journey from Bengaluru to Savandurga in an AC TT/Mini Bus.
- Breakfast at Bidadi.
- Reach the base camp and explore nearby places.
- Start trekking Savandurga.
- Reach the top and explore the place.
- Descend to base camp by 1 PM.
- Have lunch at a resort, followed by water games in backwaters of Manchinbele dam.
- Enjoy the sunset with snacks.
- Start our journey back to Bengaluru.
Things to carry:
- Good Hiking shoes/Sandals (Make sure you wear good shoes with a great grip)
- Water Bottles - 2 litres (Compulsory)
- Snacks, Energy Bars, Fruits (There are no options of eatery nearby and during the trek)
- ID Proof
Standard pick-up points:
- Marathahalli Kalamandir
- HSR BDA Complex
- Silk Board
- BTM Signal
- Jayadeval Hospital
- Banashankari Bus Stand
- DG Petrol Bunk
- PESIT College
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek
- Decision of the trek leader will be final and all trekkers must adhere to that.
- Breakfast included
- Trek Leader
- Forest Entry Tickets
- Customised private departure available
Savandurga hill is considered to be among the largest monolith hills in Asia. Named Savandurga by Immadi Kempe Gauda, this hill fortress was believed to be unconquerable until the British took over in 1791; Lord Cornwallis has written a detailed account of its capture.
The hill looks imposing as one drives closer to it and it is easy to understand why it is called the ‘rock of death.’ The Nandi mantap looks like a small square on top and all visible sides of the rock look steep and dangerous; only upon reaching the base does one see the rock’s gentle slopes.
Customised private departures are available for families, friends, corporate groups, schools and colleges.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Tumkur in an AC TT/Mini Bus.
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, Snacks.
- Water games.
- Entry tickets if any.
- Guide Fees and Driver Bata.
- TrekNomads Staff Assistance.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies.
- Altitude: 4,022 ft (1226 m)
- Distance from Bangalore: 60 km
- Trek Gradient: Easy to Moderate
- Trek Duration: 4 hours
- Trek Distance: 2-3 km one way