Brahmagiri is a mountain range in the Western Ghats of south Karnataka. It is situated on the border between Kodagu district in Karnataka state in the north and Wayanad district of Kerala state on the south. Brahmagiri Hill is a scenic tourist attraction. The top of Brahmagiri Hill is well forested and has a lot of wildlife.
- Altitude: 5,275ft (1,608 mt)
- Distance from Bangalore: Around 300 km
- Trek Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Trek starting point: Iruppu Waterfalls
- Time to Trek: 7-8 hours
- Trek Distance: 8-10 km one way
- Start journey from Bengaluru to Kumtoor in an AC TT/Mini Bus.
- Have breakfast at Srimangala and take necessary permissions from forest range office.
- Reach our trekking start point Iruppu waterfalls and spend some time there.
- Start trekking towards inspection bungalow.
- Have packed lunch mid-way.
- Reach inspection bungalow enroute to Brahmagiri peak and stay overnight.
- Indulge in cooking in group, have dinner and take a sound sleep in the lap of nature.
- Wake up to the sounds of nature quite early in the morning.
- Freshen up and have breakfast.
- Start early morning for the trek to Brahmagiri Peak.
- Reach back inspection bungalow and pack to descend.
- Reach Iruppu waterfalls and spend some time there. Freshen up before we leave.
- Have lunch/snacks at Srimangala.
- Start our journey back to Bengaluru.
Things to carry:
- A backpack of 30 liters and small day bag of 10 litres
- Good Hiking shoes/Sandals (Make sure you wear good shoes with a great grip) + socks
- Toiletries, Towels, Spare clothes
- Water Bottles - 2 litres (Compulsory)
- Snacks, Energy Bars, Fruits (There are no options of eatery nearby and during the trek)
- ID Proof
Standard pick-up points:
- Marathahalli Kalamandir
- HSR BDA Complex
- Silk Board
- BTM Signal
- Jayadeval Hospital
- Banashankari Bus Stand
- DG Petrol Bunk
- PESIT College
Do’s and Don’ts:
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers.
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately.
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek.
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek.
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance.
We've gone a step ahead and made sure that you don't have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your inclusions. To know more about the benefits covered and sum insured, click here.
What is included in the tour
- Travel: To and fro travel from Bengaluru to Madikeri in an AC TT/Mini Bus.
- Stay: Accommodation for a night at inspection bungalow with basic amenities.
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner.
- Forest entry fees.
- Guide Fees and Driver Bata.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions
- Personal expenses
- Any additional expenses due to emergencies
- Altitude: 5,275 ft (1,608 m)
- Distance from Bangalore: 300+ km
- Trek Gradient: Moderate
- Trek Start Point: Iruppu Waterfalls
- Trek Duration: 7-8 hours
- Trek Distance: 8-10 km one way